June 22, 2020 McNally Community Centre Restart
Beginning on June 22, 2020, McNally Community Centre will reopen under the following conditions.
Prevention of infection and transmission of COVID-19
These commonsense practices help prevent infection and transmission and must be part of what participants consider in the restart:
- Frequent hand washing
- Sneeze or cough into your sleeve
- Avoid touching your face
- Practice physical distancing as much as possible
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces (door knobs, light switches, handrails
Measures for programs to restart
The following measures are required for programs to restart at McNally.
- Policy: All participants must sign a waiver stating that McNally Community Association will not be liable should they contract Covid-19. In addition, ALL participants must sign in EACH time they enter the building. This will allow Alberta Health to trace cases should someone get ill.
- Cleaning: Our custodian is in the building twice per week and will be cleaning and disinfecting high touch surfaces. In between times, to keep surfaces clean and disinfected, we ask that participants/instructors use the disinfectant spray provided on high-touch surfaces in the bathrooms, kitchen and other used spaces.
- Space: The density of the class or group must provide sufficient space that people are able to put 2 meters distance between one another. To do that safely we suggest a maximum of 20 in the auditorium until further notice.
- Hand hygiene: We will ensure our washrooms are stocked with plenty of soap and hand sanitizing stations will be located throughout the building.
- Masks: Wearing masks in the building is not mandatory but is strongly recommended.
- Symptomatic individuals: Any participants and/or instructors who have the symptoms of a cold, flu, or COVID-19 symptoms with coughing or sneezing must not enter the building.
- Immunocompromised individuals: We would strongly suggest that participants at higher risk of experiencing severe illness should consider whether they should join in classes or activities at this time.